Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Bash!!

Once Toad got feeling better we threw him a birthday party to celebrate. We all got together at my parent's house. He thought it was pretty dang cool to open the presents. He got a little freaked out while we sang Happy B-day to him, for some reason loud sounds freak him out. Go figure that one, his dad is one of the loudest people I know, you'd think he'd be used to it by now. There are some pics of him enjoying his cake below--as you can see you REALLY enjoyed his cake!!

His first year of life went by really fast for me. We have had our challenging moments with him. The first few months of life he was very colicky. He screamed and screamed and screamed some more. Bressain and I would take turns with him, I would go to bed by 8:00pm and sleep till 2:00 or 3:00 am, then it was Bressain's turn for some sleep. He has come a long ways since then though--he now sleeps from 8pm to 8am.

I often call him my ornery little toad, luckily he has lost some of the ornery--but I still call him my little toad. His 12 month stats are--weight: 23 lbs 12 oz, Height: 30 1/4 inches. He started walking at 10 months old on Dec 20th 2009. His favorite things to do are clean out any and all cupboards and drawers--with his favorites being the pots and pans. He can say: "Mom"--which he says quite loudly whenever he needs/wants something. He says "oh wow!"--especially when anyone farts or burps. And once in awhile he will say "Dada". He just recently learned what a dog, cow, lion and fish say. He would read books all day if I'd agree to it.

He is so much fun, we have loved having him in our family, he is an answer to our prayers.















1 comment:

  1. He is just adorable! And he really got through that cake. He looks like he enjoyed it. I'm glad he had a great "after birthday" party. I hope this next year will be better for you and for him than his first before the terrible 2's, & 3's come up. Oh and I have enjoyed your posts since you've taken over. Bressain was not doing so well; I suppose he was a busy guy :-)

    ReplyDelete